Friday, February 13, 2009

A Valentine Tea Party

The time had come for a long overdue fete...
These are the goods for the party favors
I love to wrap presents. Here are the components for the favors.
Lovely wide satin ribbon that I used for decorating the backs of our chairs.
Hersheys candy=antiqued.
I made one of these for each of the girls. Hersheys hugs+wrapped in cellophane+chocolate brown ribbon+paper roses+palest pink organza.
Here are some of those pillow boxes (such as those that I have listed on www.thegildedbee.etsy.com ) tied off with some satin ribbon.
Place setting.
I was fussing around with the napkins the night before and finally decided on this design, which double-tasks as a silverware holder.
The dishes for dessert and tea+the favors.
Place cards. The table at a glance, before it was filled to capacity with salads etc.
Does it get any more beautiful? I think that chocolate is one of the most sensory-pleasure-activating foods ever invented, from the wonderful smell, the literal eye-candy, and smooth textures. Gorgeous.
More chocolate!
I love to photograph dessert. It's so gratifying with it's colors and textures.
Wafer cookies.
Little chocolate creme filled cakes.
Paper liners. I love them.
The back of my chair=a really big bow.
Black olives and spicy pickles= I love.
I'm actually very fond of very briny foods. A taste is enough, but I really crave that little taste.

Carrots= to help justify all of those lovely sweets. :D

For the rest of the recipes from this party (all invented my your truly) just scroll down.

4 comments:

oh, hello friend. said...

oh how fun fun fun!!
everything looks so wonderful, you really know how to put on a lovely party :)

S.L.North said...

Thanks Danni!
I'm already plotting the next one. :)

2SewRetro said...

Beautiful pictures, Sasha! Had such a fun time and I can't stop thinking about the next one! hee hee!

S.L.North said...

Don't worry Alex, I'm already compiling goodies and recipes for the next one.
I love tea parties.