Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The little Apple Tree

These pictures are of a dwarf apple tree in the middle of the garden.
This is the first year that it has bloomed.
I took these pics before it had bloomed completely, due to an impending forcast of rain.
I'm hoping for some apples... maybe. :)
I got a lot more local produce last year (vs. the grocery store) and there really is no substitute for fresh, local and above all, 'in season' produce. I'm hooked. I want to hit the farmers market this summer and see what I can find.
I wish that we had weekly markets as they do in France.

Yay! I was so pleased to see all of those pink buds. This tree has been a bit of a runt for a number of years and within the past year it has steadily begun to grow a lot.

3 comments:

2SewRetro said...

Love that second picture......... So beautiful. :-) I hope you get some apples!

2SewRetro said...

Our apple tree out front has some lovely blooms on it now, too. I took some photos yesterday and am planning to post them. I agree with you.......if only the flowers could last all summer!

S.L.North said...

We have a yard full of flowers right now. I need to take more pics whilst I can...