Friday, December 5, 2008

Swedish Kringle

I love this stuff, I can hardly keep my hands out of it. It's a holiday/event treat for me.

Swedish Kringle

I used salted butter in this recipe, therefore I didn’t add any extra salt.
If you use unsalted butter, add ½ t. salt into the mix.

In mixing bowl:
With a pastry cutter:
Cut ½ c. butter+1 T. cold water into 1 c. flour
Till mixture resembles large crumbs.

On a parchment lined baking sheet,
Pat pastry out into two strips, 3 in. wide.

In saucepan combine:
½ c. butter
1 c. water
Bring to a boil.
Add: 1 c. flour
Stir till smooth.
Add:
3 eggs, one at a time
and ½ t. almond extract

Spread dough evenly over pastry strips.
Bake at 350 for 40 min.

I iced these with one batch of the Almond Cream Cheese Frosting.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Yum yum yum YUM! I'm adding you to my blogroll! Love the recipies!

S.L.North said...

Thank you :) If you try one let me know what you think :)